U don't have to be the best to be the best II  

Posted by Tolulope Akanni

U might want to read the first part here

This topic had been on my mind for long and expressing it in a poem was a big one for me because it has been running through my mind for long.

Do u know how many times u come across young talents all around?
U see a child in a local street soccer tournament and u say to urself "this guy is better than C. Ronaldo"
but then that guy will never ever ever in his life be recognised globally as being better than C. Ronaldo

I don't want u to end up as that guy who was potrayed so much potentials that is why I want to share this with you.

There are those two, three or maybe four guys somewhere out there in those villages who have what it takes to beat Usain Bolt to it, but they will never ever ever make it to their National Athletics team...so how will they get the opportunity to prove themselves to the world?

See what Solomon said
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race [is] not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all."
---Ecc 9:11 [KJV]

He made it clear that hardwork is no guarantee "...not to the swift"
Strength cant kill it
Intellectual robustness is no security
Wealth is no guarantee

So what is the way out?

A wise man said
"The future belong to those who recognise opportunities long before they become obvious"

We are all bloody opportunists strolling on the surface of the earth. I'm sorry to hurt ur school of thought...but if u look deeply. We are simply opportunists!

I looked at these things at the beginning of the year and I said "fine, I will plan for January - June and I will leave July - December to chance" and I think this is why I'm living in the best season of my life.

We are all opportunists, don't let that paper in ur study where uve outlined ur life's agenda deceive u! We are all opportunists seeking for the next opportunity that looks like will take us to where we deserve the most

As I'm typing now, I don't know what point I want to prove to u but I'm just typing what I feel like typing and u just have to keep reading bcos u have started and u have to get to the end of this mind-bugging expositions.

Be opportunity driven, don't gawk
If strength cant kill it
Intellectual robustness is no security
Wealth is no guarantee
Solomon says "time and chance happeneth to them all"
op·por·tu·ni·ty (¼p”…r-t›“n¹-t¶, -ty›“-) n., pl. op·por·tu·ni·ties. 1.a. A favorable or advantageous circumstance or combination of circumstances. b. A favorable or suitable occasion or time.

time and chance = opportunity

So when next ure praying to God u might to ask God to give u a 'thing' for opportunities


I think I lost control of this piece at some point....lemme hear ur views

This entry was posted at 12:16 AM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment